A common problem with a GPRS credit card terminal is the connection with a venue or location. Please use the following steps to ensure the card terminal is displaying the correct information on screen before attempting to use the device.
- Please ensure the card machine displays GPRS on the screen.
- Ensure network bars are displayed on the screen and check the amount of bars available (5 being extremely good).
- Most importantly, ensure the card terminal displays a network (Orange, EE, T-Mobile, O2, Vodafone or Datasim). If the network is not displayed the card machine will NOT connect.
When trying to complete a transaction the terminal may display the error message ‘GPRS Enabled’. Please ensure a network (Orange, T-Mobile, EE, O2 or Vodafone) is displayed on the card device as this will be the sole reason why the card terminal is not able to connect.
- Please turn the terminal off (hold the Yellow Button and the button that has a ., (diagonal to the yellow).
- Leave for 30 seconds
- Turn on (either the green button or the paper feed button dependent on the Ingenico make/model).
- Please wait 1 minute and the network may appear
- If not please try Select a Network
- At this point if the message ‘OPERATION NOT ALLOWED’ displays:
Please call the designated technical engineers on the lines we provide in the WTS help book.