A common problem with a GPRS credit card terminal is the connection with a venue or location. Please use the following steps to ensure the card terminal is displaying the correct information on screen before attempting to use the device.
- Please ensure the card machine displays GPRS on the screen.
- Ensure network bars are displayed on the screen and check the amount of bars available (5 being extremely good).
- Most importantly, ensure the card terminal displays a network (Orange, EE, T-Mobile, O2, Vodafone or Datasim). If the network is not displayed the card machine will NOT connect.
GPRS card terminals have an option to allow a customer the facility to change a network. Please use the following steps on the PDQ machine to try and access alternate networks.
- Press Menu x 2
- Press F3 Supervisor
- Type in the Password (please refer to the terminal handbook)
- Press F3 Config
- Press the Menu button x 1
- Press F1 Select N/W GSM
The PDQ Terminal will then display “scanning.” The PDQ terminal is now scanning for the available networks within the vicinity. This can take up to 60 seconds. The Card terminal will then display the networks currently available in that area. Please note:
*If the Sim card within your device is an Orange Sim, the only networks you can use are Orange and T-Mobile*
*If you are using a Roaming Sim Card, please select the best network in the area. We would always suggest trying Orange or T-Mobile first and then O2 or Vodafone.
- Once the mobile network has been selected, the unit may appear to freeze on the ‘select a network’ screen. This is only a temporary measure and the card terminal is forcing the network across. Please be patient and wait for the card machine to display ‘F1 Select N/W GSM’. Once this has been displayed the network selected should be displayed in either the top right or left hand corner of the card terminal. Please note this is dependent on the terminal type.