A common problem with a GPRS credit card terminal is the connection with a venue or location. Please use the following steps to ensure the card terminal is displaying the correct information on screen before attempting to use the device.
- Please ensure the card machine displays GPRS on the screen.
- Ensure network bars are displayed on the screen and check the amount of bars available (5 being extremely good).
- Most importantly, ensure the card terminal displays a network (Orange, EE, T-Mobile, O2, Vodafone or Datasim). If the network is not displayed the card machine will NOT connect.
All PDQ terminals are designed to perform a TMS Call every 28 days. This call connects to the system we have and provides any software updates or changes that are required to keep the terminal current in terms of time, dates etc and ensures the terminal is working correctly.
With a GPRS Card Terminal the TMS call can fail. The TMS call may need to be done manually for the TMS call to connect and go through:
If a card terminal displays NOT READY:
- Press Menu x 1
- Press F4 Set Up
- The terminal should then display Instruction and Count up from 1 – 250
- The terminal will then print a receipt and if connected it should say Ok at the bottom and return back to the usual READY screen.
If the Chip and PIN terminal displays READY:
- Press Menu x 2
- Press F4 Supervisor
- Type in the terminal Password (please refer to handbook).
- Press Menu x 1
- Press F4 CALL TMS
- The card terminal should then display ‘Instruction and Count up from 1 – 250’
- The card terminal will then print a receipt and if connected it should say ‘Ok:OK’ at the bottom and return back to the usual READY screen.
If for any reason the terminal will not connect, please call a member of the technical team on the support lines provided.